COVID-19 - We take the safety and welfare of our guests and employees extremely seriously and we are complying with the latest government guidelines to ensure maximum protection.
At Riverside Cottages we are committed to ensuring the privacy and security of your personal information, maintaining the trust and confidence of our guests is very important to us.
Unless otherwise agreed with you, we will only collect basic personal data about you, which does not include any special categories of personal information about you (often known as ‘sensitive personal data’ such as sexual orientation, race or other similar information).
What information do we collect from you?
If you contact us to make a booking, or to make queries about a potential or ongoing booking, we will collect details that you give us in relation to that booking or query. This information may include your name, date of birth, contact details, payment details, information about people in your party, information about your booking and any other information we may need to help meet your specific needs. We will use your personal information to make Your Booking Agreement with Riverside Cottages. If you do not provide this Personal Information, then we will be unable to provide the services you have requested. We will not collect any personal data from you that we do not need in order to provide and oversee the services we have agreed to provide with you.
How do we use/store your information?
- Your booking information is held securely on our third party, GDPR compliant booking system. The owners of the booking system have security in place to ensure data is kept safe at all times. Your data is stored electronically. We do not have paper copies of your Personal Information.
- Information you provide to us will not be shared with third parties without your knowledge. We use the information to provide holiday services to you under our contractual obligation and to provide you with the best possible service.
- We use Personal Information to conduct business, provide information and support for products and services, better understand your needs, refine and develop our business, improve services, personalize communications and ensure the best quality service experience.
- Limited information about your booking will be shared with the housekeepers.
- If you have consented to receive email marketing communications from us we will periodically send you emails which include offers that we think will be of interest to you. You are welcome to unsubscribe from our email communications by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We will always ask for your explicit permission to send you direct marketing communications.
- Payments transactions are carried out through independent third parties and governed by third party terms and conditions. We do not store or process credit card details. Riverside Cottages uses Stripe Pay for our online direct bookings. You can see their security policy via their website: https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
We will hold your information on our system for a period that we deem to be commercially viable.
- You have the right to have all your information deleted from our systems.
- You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you.
- You have the right to change any incorrect information we hold about you.
- You have the right to ask us to stop processing information about you.
Where we process your personal data on the basis that you have given us your consent to do so then you may contact us at any time to withdraw your consent. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or wish to object to our use of your personal information, please write to us at email@example.com
We take a proactive approach to user privacy on our website, and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of users throughout their visiting experience. Our website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Our site DOES contain links to third party sites. We are NOT responsible for the content or privacy practices of those sites, so please read their policies.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.
We will only email you with Our newsletters and marketing offers if you have given us your consent. Please note that if you consent to being sent our marketing information via email then your data will be shared with and you will be contacted by the third party organisation MailChimp, who will make this contact on our behalf (https://mailchimp.com/).
Your consent history to receive marketing materials will be held on the MailChimp platform.
You will always have the option not to be included and to remove yourself from our mailing lists.
How to Unsubscribe, Delete or Retrieve the Information We Hold About You
If at any point you wish to see the information we hold about you, if you wish to stop receiving our marketing or wish for us to delete your information then there are a number of things you can do.
- You can click ‘unsubscribe’ to any marketing information that we send you.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any information We are holding is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.